Friday, November 13, 2009

M - People I Hate, Part 1

Referencing K's last post, yes, cats do smell....in small apartment such as my own. Which is why I am singularly responsible for keeping the Febreeze/Arm&Hammer/Clorox industry afloat. We literally have a $20 air filter in the cat's bathroom. Yes, the cat's litter box takes over our small spare bathroom (we live in 600 sq. ft). As I told K after this post, "if my apartment smells like cat, I'm going to freak the f*ck out." Apparently my apartment is fine, but my cats "smell like cats." So sue me. They're cats. That's what they do. At least it's not wet dog.

Anyway. Today I'd like to talk about a particular type of person that I just.cannot.stand.

I'm sure you know at least ONE person who is like this.....the 2012'er.

I hate them. I cannot stand them. I actually have an irrational, strange, and vehement dislike for anything talking about any type of doomsday scenario. This is really because I'm an easy scare. I hate being scared and everything scares me. I once waved a butcher knife around my apartment because I came home to a light on in the bathroom that I thought I had turned off. I will stay awake until CW gets home, watching reruns of South Park because I'll have seen a trailer for Paranormal Activity and then every single creak of our apartment scares the bejeezus outta me.

But doomsday gets me at a level beyond cheap scares. It's so overwhelmingly horrible that I can't function beyond the "what if." The same paralyzing fear happens when I'm in an airplane. My brain goes on overdrive and tries to picture EXACTLY what would happen if tha plane crashed. When would I know I was going to die? What would kill me? The impact? The flames? A God-given heart attack? You can imagine that I'm great to travel with. So I think about doomsday. It's a horrific feeling of total lack of control (Who is type A and has two thumbs? THIS GIRL!).

So the actual scenario pisses me off, but on top of that....the people, the 2012'ers....these f*ckers are like the top of the foodchain of moronic cults. Take the hale-bopp comet idiots. They LOOKED like freaks. But 2012'ers, they're special beyond special because they blend in with us. That clown in the cube next to you...he could believe in this stupid Mayan sh*t. Take a look at this website: http://www.december212012.com/ Tell me that SCREAMS scientific insight and intellect to you. No? I thought not. Me either. And THAT'S what made it to the top of the google search aside from that horrendous movie. CW has a strange and sick fascination with the weird. He likes reading this stuff and sharing with me (he is not, for the record, a 2012'er, just a spectator into their world). I love sharing. I hate this kind of sharing. This kind of sharing makes me outrageously irritable and snippy. He hasn't quite learned yet that the two are correlated--doomsday news = bitchy M. Or maybe he has and just likes to torment me. I gather it's the later.

Well. It's MY turn to share. You can imagine my glee when this article came up: HAAAHAHA SCREW YOU on drudge today. Hi NASA! Thanks for clearing that whole "end of the world" thing up for the morons in this world. Also, I appreciated your little jab at their earlier doomsday date of sometime in 2003.

Kiss my ass, 2012'ers. Then again, I bet they're the same class of people who think that the moon landing was fake, so they probably think NASA is a sham and that Niribu is coming anyway and we're all going to be smashed to bits.

And if that's the case....I'll pray for the god-given heart attack before a space ball crashes into my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment